Thursday, May 23, 2013

8.3

Today I see a dietitian about my elevated blood sugar...8.3...and I just know they're going to tell me I can't eat all the crap I've been including in my diet.  It's really too bad that the good tasting stuff is all bad for you, isn't it?  I'm an intelligent woman who has always known that I'm feeding this body some awful stuff so having high blood sugar is no surprise.  I just stupidly thought I might be able to get away with it forever.

When I get a knock on the head like this I start eating better for a while.  I do love salads but just not as much as I love fries, pasta, and potato chips.  Over the past few weeks I haven't had any potato chips, few fries or pasta so I am making an effort.  The question is...is it too late?

Thank heavens I'm not much of a sweet eater because I've heard that it's wicked trying to give up chocolate if you're bent that way.  I had more desserts up at Joyce's than I eat in a month or more.

My doctor wants me to repeat the blood tests so maybe I'll see some improvement in the blood sugar the next time.  I'll be trying, anyway.  I'm not sure when you are considered a diabetic and have to take medicine for it but I'm hoping I haven't reached that point yet.  We'll see.

Note:  I have until mid August to see if I can eliminate enough carbs from my diet to lower the blood sugar count to below 7.0 or I might have to begin taking medication for diabetes.  I'm doubtful it will drop that far but what will be will be.

No comments: