Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Lady Handywomen

I am so dated.  I'm always thoroughly amazed when I hear that a woman has tackled and successfully completed a handyman's/woman's job because I have no confidence I could do it myself.

Kim and Cindy are presently retiling Kim's kitchen backsplash and this involves rewiring a couple of electric outlets.  I'm totally in awe of these women I gave birth to.  They certainly don't take after me so I guess they got whatever they have from their father.  Now, I don't believe that there are jobs only for men to do but that didn't stop me from suggesting to my girls that maybe they should leave the wiring to an electrician.  To be honest, even if my girls were men I'd be a little worried about novices doing electrical wiring.

In my archaic little world, tough and labor intensive jobs should be done by tough men.  Strength is an asset in any job but, according to Kim and Cindy, determination is an equally important asset.  I guess so but I'm still amazed by what they're doing today.  

No comments: