Thursday, June 20, 2013

Fabric Junkie


Years ago, when my major craft was quilting, I was a fabric junkie.  I couldn't pass up pretty fabric even if I had no idea how it would eventually be used.  Now that I'm clearing out excess that won't make the move with me I had dreaded looking into the 7 unopened totes in my sewing room.  But today was the day.

I spent hours down in the basement bagging beautiful fabric (sigh!) that I honestly couldn't even think I might use in the next couple of years.  Linda, the lady who cleaned my house last month, had said she might want some so I've called her to let her know it's here for the taking.  I hope she does pick it up because there are 7-8 very heavy garbage bags full that I don't want to have to carry up the stairs, into my car, and out of my car to the Salvation Army.  I now have 6 empty totes to fill with monk's cloth and the jewellery I sell!  My remaining stuff down in the basement is starting to look doable...well, the monk's cloth is sort of worrisome but it's going with me one way or another.

I saw the lawyer yesterday and selling a house by yourself isn't really a big deal because the lawyer looks after the most important part.  You just hand them the offer, they research what they have to, take their payment and pay off any outstanding mortgages or liens, and then deposit the rest in your account on the day of sale.  Of course, my desk is covered in notes and dates that I've arranged something regarding the move and I'm hoping, as they pile higher and higher, that nothing important gets buried out of my sight.

Well, I'm done working for the day and it's only 9:30 A.M. but I was up at 6 and I have got a lot done in that time.  I don't have back problems, thank heavens, but my back is bothering me these days due to the constant lifting that packing requires.  I think I'll do some Swedish weaving and maybe have a nap this afternoon...haven't had one in weeks!   


No comments: