Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Selling My House Fills My Mind

The process of selling this darned house seems to be consuming my mind and not allowing me to concentrate on any other, more important, things that are happening in the world.  I'm not stressing but I can't stop looking at my possessions and wondering which I can live without when I move.  There are so many that I could kick myself for living with them for so many years.  I've toted bags upon bags of clothes to the Salvation Army and given away 1 piece of carnival glass.  Kim joked that they'd have all my carnival glass and monk's cloth buried with me when I die because it's almost impossible for me to give that stuff up.  

I watched a commercial on T.V. the other day for those storage bags that you can suck the air out of and that's what I'll need to buy to store all my monk's cloth in the apartment.  I'll just have to figure something out for the carnival glass because I can't give up much of it at all.

Lisa and her cousin brought me over their written offer last night...their lawyer told them to deliver it to me instead of him faxing it to my lawyer.  I'll take it down to my lawyer today if she's available.  Hopefully, we can get this show on the road by the end of the week.

Oh yes, my neighbor's father dropped over in the afternoon to raise his offer on my house and I told him that I'd already made my promise to Lisa's family and couldn't even consider his now.  It's only money and I have to live with myself.  Lisa's family did raise their offer $10,000 because of him so I really should thank him a lot.

Oh well, I guess I should try to think about the world outside my door now.

No comments: