Saturday, June 08, 2013

I Sold the House

My house is sold and I can't believe it was as easy as it seems to have been.  The Tran's family members bought it and will allow me to leave anything here that I don't want to take with me.  That is a load off my shoulders because there is furniture that none of my family want so I can just leave it here and not have to worry about having it carted to the Salvation Army.  They have been very lenient in when they want to take possession and that takes away more of my worries.

Now to get a lawyer and hope the nice apartment I saw on Friday is still available.  Then will come the daunting task of packing up to move after 45 years in this house but I'm hoping to get the apartment a month earlier than actually moving in so that I can take stuff over a bit at a time.

There has been no moment I've felt like selling the house is a mistake because I've hated the burden of looking after it for years, probably since Dennis got sick.  It's time to release myself from that burden and I'm looking forward to a smaller living space, too.  The apartment has 2 bedrooms, one of which will hold the twin bed, the computer, and craft supplies.  I want to keep the apartment uncluttered from the start.

This is a momentous move in my life and I'm hoping that it will be a good one with as few stumbling blocks as possible.  Fingers crossed!

No comments: