Sunday, June 23, 2013

Judging

It's still bugging me about how badly Paula Deen has been slammed for using the "N" word.  If all of our lifelong so-called indiscretions were brought to light, not a single one of us would look too good.  I've done and said things that I can't take back and am deeply ashamed of but life goes on.  I'm not the same person I was 20, 30, 40, or 50 years ago and it wouldn't be fair to judge me on my past indiscretions.

I honestly think that the people, black or white, who are making such a fuss about Paula Deen are doing it to make headlines and to draw attention to the "perfect" (bullfeathers) person they're trying to appear.  I bet the indiscretions in their own past would make all of us blush.

Judging and bashing a person on the basis of their use of one darned word is absolutely stupid.  Blacks and bleeding heart white liberals need to give themselves a shake and just move on.




No comments: