Thursday, June 27, 2013

Swedish Weaving Stash

Before use, monk's cloth has to have the edges sewn before washing the fabric in hot water to keep it from ravelling.  I've spent the last 2 days zigzag stitching most pieces not already prepared and then washing them because I will have to pay to use washers at the apartment.  I have one heck of a lot of fabric and there's still a bit more to do.  I decided not to bother preparing the huge bag of monk's cloth remnants because I have a huge bag full already prepared.  I have about 10 precut and packaged pieces that will also have to wait to be prepared until I want to work on them, if I live that long.  By buying all of this fabric, I really must have thought I'd live well into my hundreds and be able to do Swedish weaving right up to my last day.

I'll have to tell my kids that some of the large pieces of monk's cloth are probably as valuable as some of my carnival glass.  The fabric and glass may be all they get when I go to my reward.

Shelley is bringing me up some of those storage bags you vacuum the air out of and I'm hoping it will give me lots of room in the apartment for all this monk's cloth.  I really enjoy doing this craft but I have to admit I just might have gone a little berserk stockpiling so much of it.

No comments: