Monday, July 22, 2013

Countdown

I am now into the last full week of living in this house and I'm still thrilled to death that I'm moving.  This time next Monday, the house will be empty of everything I'm taking except the few large items the movers will take to the apartment that day and I will have spent my last night here.  

I remember when we bought this house on August 28, 1968.  It had always been a dream of mine to own my own house because that represented security to me.  There has been a lifetime of memories made in this house...the good, the bad, and the ugly...but I know I'll walk away feeling that the time has come to leave and live a simpler life.

Donna is going with me today to take a small load (nothing much left here now) and then we'll go for lunch.  Life goes on, doesn't it?  It's funny how I feel more at home now in the apartment than I do here.  This doesn't feel like where I live any more and that's a good thing.  It would be terrible if I'd been forced to leave against my will and I know that happens with a lot of seniors.  Cindy said it best...I'm leaving on my own terms and I'm looking forward to a different home where I don't have so many daunting responsibilities in maintaining it.



  







      

No comments: