Thursday, July 11, 2013

Got a Scare

I brought the mail in today and saw a letter from the insurance company that covers my car and house. A few weeks ago I'd cancelled the house insurance as of August 1st but was careful to say that I wasn't cancelling the car insurance.  When I opened the letter, I saw I'd be getting a refund for the house insurance AND the car insurance...this scared the beejeezus out of me because Grey Power offers me the best rate.

I called them to find out what was going on and found out that the refund on the car insurance was because I was moving from a big city to a small town.  I guess it makes no difference that the city and town are attached to each other and you can't tell where one ends and the other begins.  I don't much care as long as I get the discounted price which will amount to about $350 per year.  What a nice surprise!

Also, today, I bought a really cool area rug from Ikea for in front of the sofa.  It's a shaggy blend of taupe and beige and not at all what I'd planned on getting but it's so darned cute.  I like it a lot but it's too heavy for me to carry in to see how it looks in front of the sofa so I'll have to wait until one of my family shows up.

The process of selling the house and moving into the apartment still continues to run fairly smoothly but I'm still not counting on anything until I see that deposit into my bank account.  I've never forgotten how Don and Mary lost their sale the very day it was to go through and how devastating it was for them.  In my case, I'd still move into the apartment but put the house in the hands of a realtor.  We've had 2 houses on my street sell within just a few days of listing in the this year alone so I know it would sell.  And my house is the cutest!

Any way, time is going fast and there are lots of things happening in the next week.  Cindy and I are going out to get a dining set for me; Shelley and Jake are arriving Saturday; I'm having a family pizza party on Sunday....and Kim has tons of activities planned for the 10 days that Shelley and Jake are here!  Life is good!




No comments: