Friday, August 02, 2013

My Matt

My grandson, Matt, is taking me shopping tomorrow for a new T.V. and he called last night to give me my warnings.  He's worried that I'll be taken advantage of by a slick salesman and that's because we seniors are known to sometimes be gullible and easily led.  My Matt is in "momma bear" mode and is out to protect me.  That makes me feel good.

I spent many, many hours with Kim and Cindy's kids while they were growing up and we formed bonds that can never be broken.  My bonds with Shelley's kids are a little less strong because they always lived so far away and I saw them less often.  The bonds exist regardless.  Forming these bonds with your progeny require quality time spent with them to convince them how much loved they are and how much they mean to you.  Once formed, they are forever.

I didn't bond with my grandchildren so that they'd be of use to me in my old age, though.  I bonded because I needed to do so for my own emotional growth and I knew it was good for them, too.  Loving time spent with your children simply improves everyone's life.

Matt's brother, Nick, is meeting us at the store tomorrow and then coming back here with us to help install the T.V.  Nick will also re-install the computer when my new desk arrives.  I can't even imagine how difficult all this would be without the massive amount of help I've received from my family.  It's terrifying to think of how many seniors are out there with no-one to rely on.

On a worrisome note...today I have two ugly spots removed from my face and I'm a little worried about how much it will hurt and how it will all look when it's done.  I'm sure that one of them is squamous skin cancer because I've had two removed from my chest already.  Not ever having been a true sun worshipper, I don't know why I've been afflicted with this mess.  In any case, the worst that should happen is that I'll have two more little scars to mar my beauty.  LOL!  It's something that has to be done and dealt with so I'll just have to suck it up.

Cindy and Don are coming tonight to put up pictures on the walls for me...some are concrete so I can't nail into it myself.  Kim is also coming after work to go out for dinner with us if I feel up to it.
  
Family.  It's a blessing to have a good one, isn't it?  


No comments: