Friday, August 02, 2013

Stitched

I'd take a picture but my camera isn't hooked up to the computer yet.  I look like a boxer that went 15 rounds and lost anyway.  The dermatologist cut out a skin cancer from my cheek and I counted 5-6 stitches before it got covered in bandages.  I was expecting 1-2 stitches so I'm in a bit of shock.  The other spot on my nose only needed abrading so it looks fine.  The anaesthetic they use causes the skin to swell right up so the whole side of my face is swollen but not painful.  I took 2 Tylenols just in case it begins to hurt too bad once the freezing wears off.

All of this because I have fair skin and got the odd sunburn 50 years ago...more recent sunburns on the sailboat might also have had something to do with it.  I have to say I'm sick to death of skin problems and hope I'll never have to go through this again.

I have a huge bandage on my cheek and a little one on my nose.  The swelling is supposed to be down in a couple of days and the stitches come out in 2 weeks.  I can only hope I don't end up looking like Mrs. Frankenstein.   

No comments: