Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Age Doesn't Matter

My baby, Cindy, had surgery on Monday and it all went very well.  She's 53 years old but it doesn't matter, she'll always be my baby.  It's only natural to worry when your baby has surgery, even if it's routine surgery that's performed probably every hour of the day.  There is always a risk of something going wrong and there's no relaxing until you see their sweet, healthy face and know they'll be okay.

Your children never stop being a worry for you.  And then they have children of their own and your burden is even larger.  In my case, one of the grandchildren has given me 2 greatgrandchildren so you can see my worry quota has been greatly enlarged.  I pray each day that all of them will stay safe and happy...forever, if possible.

But my Cindy is doing just fine and goes home today to a loving mate who will take good care of her, a loving sister who will take good care of her, and a loving daughter of her own who will be back after classes to take good care of her.  She doesn't really need me but I have to make regular visits to assure myself that she's okay.  I spent many hours at the hospital the last couple of days just watching over my baby.  It's almost as if you know nothing can go wrong as long as you're on watch.  It worked.



No comments: