Wednesday, November 27, 2013

2013 Thanksgiving

I'm thankful for every day I live but it's on Thanksgiving day that we should all just stop what we're doing and dwell on the good in our lives.  I know life isn't as good for many people but there is always hope for better days and that's what makes our lives worthwhile.

As always, I'm most thankful for my family.  They mean more to me than anything else on earth and I am ever grateful for their presence in my life.  My own life has had it's ups and downs but these days have brought good friends who make me happy to get up in the morning.  Family and friends are what matter forever and always and no amount of wealth can take the place of those things.

Of course, I'm thankful to be spending the winter in Florida even though I know this isn't a forever thing.  I thank my good fortune for every day I get to be here.  When my winters are spent back home in Canada, I'll be thankful for having more time to be with my family.  Life is full of things to be thankful for...we only have to open our eyes.

Tomorrow I'll be part of about 120 people, many of them good friends, who will have our Thanksgiving dinner at the clubhouse.  It will be a noisy, fragrant, and happy atmosphere that will do my heart good.

Thank you, Dennis.

No comments: