Sunday, January 26, 2014

10 Pound Loss

I am so happy!  I weighed myself this morning (3 days early) and discovered I've lost a full 10 pounds in the 9 1/2 weeks I've been using Sensa.  Because the weight is coming off slowly and I'm developing better eating habits, I have hope that this weight will stay off...with much more to follow.  The Sensa is a tool to use but I also have to eat more sensibly, too, and I have to say it hasn't been difficult.

I'll be seeing my doctor for bloodwork when I get home in April and I'm hoping the weight loss will help in keeping diabetes at bay so that I don't need to take medication for it.  Regardless, I'll continue with the Sensa diet because it has been good for me.

Something I've discovered this time around is that it's helped not to have given up both fries and potato chips at the same time.  I haven't had a potato chip in the past 10 weeks and haven't missed them or craved them.  I have had fries occasionally but usually find I can't eat them all.  I have fruit, crackers or yogurt inbetween each meal, too, and that is what we're supposed to do...not starve ourselves.  It doesn't matter how long it takes to reach a comfortable weight as long as my weight doesn't skyrocket on me.  I've heard of others on Sensa that this happened to but I'll bet they also went back to their old and bad eating habits, too.

Oh yes, Shelley convinced me to have the chemical peel offered by her dermatologist neighbor.  I'll stay at Shelley's house for 3-4 days while doing it just for my own peace of mind.  I'm still scared to death but am putting my faith in the dermatologist who seems to know what he's doing.  My own at home seems a little scatterbrained so no matter what I do, it might not be the right decision.  I'll report the whole process in this blog.

Enough for now...

No comments: