Monday, February 10, 2014

Locked Out

I rarely take my keys (house key and car key) out of my purse but it happens occasionally.  Yesterday I checked my cash but didn't check to see if my keys were there because, after all, aren't they "almost" always?  So out I went and locked the door behind me.  It was when I tried to unlock the car by pushing the button that I realized I was in trouble...it didn't work.  The only reason it doesn't work is when my keys are not on me.  Crap!



But, fear not, Sylvia has a spare key to my trailer so I went to her place only to discover that she and Mickey weren't home.  I had no idea how long they'd be gone so I traipsed back and got a book from the library (old clubhouse) and took it back to Sylvia's where I set myself up comfortably in their gazebo to read it until they returned.  The worst case scenario was that they'd be staying overnight with friends so then I planned to wait until early evening and then go to Joann's to stay overnight with her.  I arrived at Sylvia's before 1 P.M. and they got home at 3:30.  It wasn't so bad because the book was interesting and the gazebo is a nice place to relax.



Now, I hate the thought of being locked out again so I've secreted the key in a safe place rather than giving it back to Sylvia.  It was really comforting to be allowed access to my cute car and my cute trailer once again!



Retrieving the keys, I went out to Chili's for little burgers and fries...paid for with the gift card Shelley gave me.  Other than giving myself a mental kick for not making sure I had my keys in the beginning, I didn't get very upset about my predicament.  It wasn't the worst thing in the world, was it?

No comments: