Monday, March 31, 2014

I'm Clear

Sylvia drove over to Tampa with me this morning so I could have my final checkup with the dermatologist.  He was very pleased with the outcome of the chemical peel and said I definitely didn't need another one next year.  He put liquid nitrogen on a little rough spot on my forehead that he said the peel was not meant to remove (actinic keratosis), said my slightly pink face would gradually fade, and I was done!  I'm so pleased.  The rough spots on my nose and the side of my nose are gone...I hope for good...and I am so glad I had the chemical peel, especially since it scared me to do it at first. 



We took a different route back home because there had been a huge traffic tie-up on Hwy 4 in the eastbound lanes.  Sylvia bought me lunch along the way and we were home by 1 P.M.



Isn't it nice when something works well?  I've put up with skin problems on my face for years and only kept them in check by having my dermatologist at home spray the spots ith liquid nitrogen.  I come to Florida and discover Shelley's neighbor is a dermatologist and take the chance to see him and ask him to spray me once again.  He refuses and tells me that what I need is a chemical peel.  I first choose not to have it because I was afraid my whole face would break out in blisters but Shelley and John convince me that I should go ahead and have it done.  I do, fearfully, and it turns out better than I ever could have hoped for.  Sometimes we just have to step out of our comfort zone.



Anyway, so far so good and my hope is that it lasts for a long time.

No comments: