Sunday, April 20, 2014

Home Again

Mary and I left Florida on Wednesday, April 16th, spent 2 days in Savannah touring a couple of old homes and then the riverfront stores.  Savannah is a beautifully laid out city with so much old character and charm.

We headed across country to Hwy 75 on Friday (rain!!) and spent the night in Kentucky at a gorgeous hotel we'd found last year.  It's so fabulous that I'd thought then that we couldn't afford to stay there but it's actually very reasonable.  I konked out early from exhaustion each night...I guess just travelling is enough stress these days to wear me out.

I dropped Mary off at her house about 5 P.M. and then travelled on to my apartment...bought groceries on the way and arrived home about 8 P.M.  It was perfect timing, just getting dark, and I was able to bring 2 loads in from the car before calling it a day.  The apartment looked great, just dusty.  Unfortunately, one of the T.V.'s won't work but Cogeco should be able to help me with that tomorrow.

I am ever so happy that I'm living in this apartment and not having to deal with the needs of a house any more.  It gives me such a feeling of freedom.  Today I will dust, polish, and wash and then go to Cindy's for a homemade lasagna dinner.  I get to see her new house and also my sweet Aeron.  Don had a knee replacement last Monday so I'm hoping to see him getting around well, too.  I love my family!   

No comments: