Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Today's Thoughts

The missing Malaysia FLT 370 is prevalent in the news for good reason.  It's devastating enough to know you've lost a loved one due to an accident but how unbelievably painful to be waiting 11 days now hoping that the passengers in that plane might still be alive.  It's the not knowing that is prolonging searing grief for the friends and family of those passengers.  It must be unbearable for them.  We all put ourselves in their shoes and our hearts go out to them.



Why this airplane went missing is almost not an issue any more because everyone keeps a tiny hope that, no matter why it's gone, it only matters where the passengers are.  It's strange that in this day and age of electronic genius no-one can detect the existence of either the plane or it's wreckage.  That is what I find strangest of all in this whole story.  I hope it all ends well but I doubt it will.



On another story, my face has healed very well and is mainly smooth as a baby's butt.  It's still a wrinkled old 73 1/2 year old face but the damaged skin looks better than it has in more years than I can remember.  It's still a little pink but I've decided to stop using the steroid gel and let it settle down on it's own.  I really hate chemicals and drugs unless they're absolutely necessary.  I see the dermatologist again on the 31st and will ask him if he thinks I should undergo the treatment again next fall when I come back to Florida.  Now, it wasn't an easy process but the results are so darned good that I would undergo it again if necessary.  But, for now, I'm a happy old gal and thankful to Shelley for talking me into doing it.



My Florida time is fast coming to a close but the final month is really full of activity.  Best of all will be when Mary arrives and we get to see many of the relatives at Shelley's party on April 11th.  Kim, Matt, Cindy, Don, Faye, Marilee, Val (maybe one or more of Val's girls), Tammy, Larry, and Rochelle will be there!!  Those people know how to party and I love them all!!



Tonight is our card game at the clubhouse.  I feel so blessed to have these wonderful people as my friends.  I try not to think about the day I'll leave here for good and never see most of them again.  Dee is a good friend who lives close enough to me in Canada that we can get together during the summer and we'll do that this year.  We both love to gamble and can meet at Fallsview.  Sylvia talks about flying from Nova Scotia to visit me one summer, too, and I hope that happens.



Now I'm off to have my hair cut and I'm traumatized already...always am before a haircut because I always worry it will look awful and I'll have to live with it for 5-6 weeks.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Oh yes, I finally broke through the plateau of my diet and lost the 13th pound.  I'd been stuck on the 12 pound loss for about 6 weeks and worried that no more would drop off but I gave up fries for 6 days of the week and that seems to have done the trick.  I allow myself fries just one day a week now so that I won't crave them and go off the diet altogether.  Terrible how we have to twist our minds like this but, if it works, do it.   



 

No comments: