Friday, June 06, 2014

Buying a New Computer

Life is just too short to spend hours fighting with a computer that is malfunctioning.  Apparently mine is older than I thought, too, so it only makes sense to bite the bullet and buy a new one.  One good thing I found out is that I can get a new laptop but use a wireless keyboard with it...never knew that!  One of the things I hate about using a laptop is having to extend my arms so high to type but this would make having a laptop instead of a desktop computer acceptable to me.  Anna, Lisa, and Kim also made me understand that buying a more expensive laptop instead of a cheaper laptop plus a cheaper desktop is the way to go.  I hate the thought of the cost but it really is cost efficient.

I don't know what I'd do without a computer.  I'm on it for maybe 5-6 hours every day for e-mail, blogging, research, or casual interests.  I much prefer it to watching the boob tube, especially since there's so little on T.V. worth watching.  In earlier years, I did a lot of reading but that puts me to sleep now so I don't read as much as I should.  The internet provides instant answers to any questions that cross my mind, too, and that's fun to explore.

Right now my plan is to have Matt remove the old desktop computer, set up my old laptop in it's place, and then hope it suffices for a few months until I gain the nerve to purchase an expensive laptop.  The old one was giving me a little grief in Florida but it might have been mainly the icky internet service I have to use there.  I'm hoping the cable internet I use now will make a big difference and allow me wait just a while before taking the plunge and buying a new laptop.  We'll see.


No comments: