Thursday, July 03, 2014

Idiosyncrasies

I hope I spelled that right because misspellings also irritate me.  I've always known that my sense of inner balance means that I like to see a certain type of alignment and symmetry in my environment but, while sitting on the toilet this morning, I noticed the floor mat was not quite straight and it bothered me a lot.  Of course, I straightened it out or it would have bugged me every time I was in the bathroom.

Now, I can tolerate a little dust and dirt but items have to be set in a way that it doesn't irritate my senses.  I guess I have my own particular brand of pheng shui...hope I spelled that right, too.  I love language but I want it spelled correctly.

As we get older more little things start to irritate us for some reason.  Maybe it's because we have more time on our hands to dwell on little irritants.  I cannot abide the practice of men wearing their pants under their undies and I can't calm my irritation when I see it.  I'm trying but so far no go.  I try to tell myself that it's not my business how someone else dresses but I can't get past the insulted feeling of being mooned.

Anyone seeing my spare bedroom and the mass of crafts I've stored there would doubt I need things to be properly in their place but that mess is neat in my eyes.  At least I've convinced myself it is.  But I do spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to diminish my stock so that I don't need tote boxes to handle it all.  One day.

My daughters and I were talking last evening about another pet peeve of mine.  They were both willing to accept a friend who was under stress telling them to f... off, at least the first time it happened.  I, on the other hand, would dump that jerk the very first time it ever happened because it is so offensive to me.  I don't believe anyone needs a so-called friend who would speak like that to us under any circumstances.  

Now on a happier note.  My beautiful Matt finally got his full driver's permit yesterday and I'm very proud of how far he's come since his wild childhood.  Matt was one of those kids his teachers thought had out-of-control ADHD but that was just his nature.  If we hadn't loved him so much one of us would have killed him in those days.  But, as he's matured, his sweet and gentle nature has emerged over and above his impetuous one and he's a joy to be around.  I love him.

And those are my thoughts for today.





No comments: