Saturday, July 05, 2014

My Fourth Daughter

Not many people are aware that I have a fourth daughter.  She may not be my biological daughter but I've loved her like a daughter for many years.  I've known Isabel since she was a child but we didn't become close until she moved back to the neighborhood and I got to know her as an adult.  She's always amazed and impressed me with what a strong and really terrific woman she's become.

I recently found out she has cancer.  There's that rotten, son of a bitchin' word I hate to hear.  It means gut wrenching fear, treatments galore, and an indeterminate future for the person afflicted.  For those who love them, it means gut wrenching fear but hope that this time the treatments will work.

I know so many people who have been diagnosed with cancer, some more than once, but who have beat the bastardly disease so that does give me hope.  Isabel is one tough cookie and she will fight the good fight with all she's got.  She has a close and loving family to support her and fight for her, too.

Cancer is not the end of the world.  True, some don't conquer it but more and more do than ever before so we have to trust the doctors who direct our treatment.  They are the experts and no-one tries harder to beat the disease than they do.  

I believe in holistic medicine,too.  One holistic course of treatment is to visualize the cancer and demolish it with your thoughts.  Sounds a little crazy but the power of thought in harming or helping our bodies is well known.  If we can make ourselves sick, why can't we make ourselves well?  I believe that one day it will be second nature to self heal our illnesses and that no chemicals or medications will be needed.  I also believe in faith healing of others...sending healing thoughts.  That's what I'll do for my Isabel.  Let the doctors do their best and I'll do mine because I have to do something.    


No comments: