Thursday, August 21, 2014

7 Days of Thankfulness

I've been participating in the "7 Days of Thankfulness" on Facebook and, just as I knew, we all have tons of stuff to be thankful for.  We know it, too, but a lot of people still prefer to dwell on the nasty crap in the world instead of appreciating the beautiful.  I don't mean to ignore the bad but, darn it, we'll drive ourselves crazy if we don't spend more time thinking of the good.

First and foremost for me is to be thankful for my precious family but there is so very much more, thank heavens.  I don't mean to trivialize things to be thankful for but I'm pretty darned thankful the microwave was invented.  It plays a huge part in my everyday life!  Of course, I'm thankful for the beauty of nature...flowers, trees, etc....but it just makes sense to be thankful for the electronic conveniences that make our lives easier.

I have a positive attitude so even small things please me.  Now that I think of it, I'm thankful for my positive attitude because I haven't always had it.  I believe whoever started the "7 Days of Thankfulness" wanted us to realize how much we take for granted instead of being thankful it exists.  We have so much good in our lives, even in the face of the evils we can't seem to eradicate.  

I'm thankful to have this day on earth.  

No comments: