Sunday, August 24, 2014

New Worry

Wouldn't it be nice to have days on end without a care in the world?  I haven't enjoyed that luxury since I was a child.  I'd been worried since mid August that my trip to Florida would be severely delayed due to my diabetes prescription being increased but found out the other day that I can get out-ot-country health insurance that doesn't take my diabetes into consideration.  Whoopee!  Dead on the heels of that good news came bad news that the person who powerwashed my trailer stepped on the Florida room roof and a loud crack was heard.  I've contacted the person I hired and asked them to check it out tomorrow so I'll worry about that until tomorrow and probably until I can get down there and see for myself.  It seems that the older you get the more things there are to worry about just because you've lived this long!

I went yard saleing with Cindy and Don yesterday and had a super time.  We got bargains all over the place...most of mine went to Nick's house for the little boys.  We are certainly a society where we have so much surplus in our homes that we put tons of it out to sell for peanuts at yard sales.  I often wonder how much of the stuff I see was a gift that wasn't wanted or appreciated.  One of the items I purchased yesterday was a child's beautiful set of bookends and bank that was still sealed in the box.  I bet it cost someone at least $40-50 new and I bought it for the boys for $5.00.

Yes, I'm still worried about the damned Florida room roof but life goes on and so do I. 

No comments: