Sunday, August 17, 2014

My Treasures

You know, no matter what I decide to do, it never is easy.  Like deciding to buy my own television receivers instead of renting them from the cable company!  I didn't even try to remove the old ones and hook up the new ones myself...I asked my precious grandson, Matt, to do it for me because he's a technical genius.  He had a heck of a time doing it but he's still a genius in my eyes!

Matt came over yesterday afternoon and spent HOURS trying to get one of the receivers to work.  He spoke some strange technical language to the Cogeco tech guy on the phone and that went on for hours, too.  He finally went up to his own house and got a different cable (I have no idea why it was needed) and my T.V. now works.  All of this took about 5-6 hours of his day and I'm so incredibly grateful to him for helping me out like this.

I often think of the seniors who have no-one willing to give of their time and energy to help them when they're in need and I just don't know how anyone gets by without this kind of help.  Matt even came back this morning to put air in my car tires!  I didn't even ask him to do this!  I love this young man to death but people don't necessarily help you out just because you love them.  They are usually sweet and kind souls like my Matthew who would help anyone in need.  

Matt brought his girlfriend, Kelly, back with him last evening and I got to have a nice, long talk with her for the first time.  She's an impressive young lady and I'm very happy she and Matt have found each other.  Good people deserve the best!


No comments: