Thursday, September 11, 2014

Negative Drama

Some people thrive on drama,  the more negative the more they seem to enjoy it.  They're the kind of people who will jump down your throat if you dare to say something they don't agree with.  They tire me out.

I'm hooked on shows like Cops and Maury where I get to see people totally immersed in lives of negative drama and, while it's interesting from a psychological point of view to witness at a distance, it would waste your whole day if you were actually living it.  I wonder sometimes if these people have screaming matches because they're bored and it sort of gives a little excitement to their dreary days.  There is definitely a deep psychological reason why some people deliberately fill their lives with drama, especially negative drama.


I'm not sure what positive drama is...maybe unbridled happiness??  That would probably wear me out, too, if it wasn't portioned out reasonably.  I once knew a lady who was hyper happy all the time but she complained that every man she dated was impotent.  I wonder if she wore them out before they even got started.

My family and friends run the gamut from high to low but never all the time, thank heavens.  Nolan might be a little too often on the high side but he's only 5 years old so that's to be accepted.   I really don't have anyone close to me who is a persistent downer...how draining that would be!  I did have a cousin like that but I've had to keep my distance because I could feel myself being dragged down right along with her.

Life is so much easier to handle if we dwell on as little negativity as possible.  Count your blessings and don't burden yourself with the petty stuff. 

No comments: