Monday, September 29, 2014

Playing With the Cell Phone Camera

This is so much fun...learning something easy that I thought would be difficult.  I can't keep too many live plants in the apartment because I'm gone all winter but this is the lovely African Violet I keep on the window ledge right by the computer.  I think I'll get a few more next spring because they're so spectacularly beautiful.

Using the cell phone camera is so darned easy and will make my Ebay pictures easy to take, too.  I don't know why I fought this for so long but I don't think my kids explained to me well enough that I wouldn't need a cell phone service to do it.  I think they might have told me but not in a way I could understand.  Anyway, a whole new easier world has opened up for me now, thanks to Kim.  I'm going to be adding more photos to the blog now that I have the new toy.

I had my final bloodwork for the year done today and will find out next week if I'm fairly healthy.  I think I am but doctors always seem to find something wrong with you that you never knew was there and that's why I hate seeing them.  I'm always tempted to just live my life and stay clear of all doctors but my daughters would probably make my life miserable if I did that.

Our family has had some good news and some bad news this week.  One cancer in remission or gone and another one discovered.  I'm starting to think that we're all doomed to get some kind of cancer before we're done in this world.  The only saving grace is that I'm hearing more and more about people who beat it.  We often think there hasn't been much improvement in the cure rate but I really do believe there has been.  I guess the best we can do is carry on and hope for the best...for all of us.

Laugh for the day...Kim told me that when they were at the fall fair, Nolan slipped and nearly fell between the steps of the stands (I'm horrified!) and his response was, "Whooo, I nearly fell into the engine!".  The adults all looked down to see what he was talking about and, of course, there was no engine there.  It makes you wonder what kind of weird misconceptions these little kids have of life and their surroundings. 




No comments: