Thursday, September 04, 2014

Taking Care of Business

In latter years I've surrounded myself with people I like and who I can trust.  Before Dennis passed away he told me to sell the Florida trailer because I wouldn't be able to look after it myself.  Well, he was right in a way but you can always hire people to do the things you can't do yourself.  There are so many people at the park in Florida who will come to your aid or suggest good hired help and that's what I depend on when I'm there.  So far I've got the trailer cleaning, inside and outside, taken care of and know of a couple of people who will fix whatever goes wrong if I can't fix it myself.

I don't think Dennis thought I'd survive on my own but I think I've done pretty good.  Selling the house last year was amazingly easy so I really lucked out with that but I feel I can handle whatever comes up...as long as I have my family, friends, or a check book to take care of it.

Dennis would be surprised at what I've accomplished since he's been gone but I believe we all have it in us to take up the reins of life if we have to do so.  Sheer determination can be the strength that carries us to do what has to be done.  I had so many doubts about my own abilities before Dennis passed away but what I've been able to do in the 9 years since has given me a lot of confidence.  You never know what you can do until you do it.  

No comments: