Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Two More Little Skin Cancers

One of the big reasons I hate seeing a doctor is that they find stuff you didn't even know you had and weren't worried about.  I saw the dermatologist yesterday for my twice yearly visit and she sprayed some suspicious spots but found 2 ( I knew I had 1) that she wants to remove today.  I guess I should be thankful that they're small and easily removable but it will still require surgery and stitches.  The picture above is of the one on my arm but the one on my chest is really just a dot.

My darned Irish skin has been plagued with little skin cancers (1 on my lip that required radiation) for the last few years and I keep hoping they'll stop popping up.  I was never a true sunbather because my skin burned instead of tanned but maybe that's the reason for the skin cancers now.  

I'm not crazy about my dermatologist but she is very knowledgable and doesn't charge for the spraying while others here do so I guess I'll stick with her.  OHIP pays for the surgery so there's no cost to me, thank heavens.  Another good reason to have government health care!

Anyway, the spots affected today are on my lower arm and on my chest.  I can understand the sensative skin on my chest but arm skin is usually pretty tough.  They're not open sores but just little scabby spots that won't completely heal and go away.  They're the kind of things we'd tend to ignore if we didn't see a dermatologist regularly.

The good news is that the bad skin problems I've had for years on my nose were seemingly eradicated by the chemical peel I had done in Florida so I'm very happy with that.  Maybe I could get a chemical peel on my whole body!  LOL!

No comments: