Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Still at Home

Today was the day I was supposed to leave for Florida but needing a skin cancer removed has kept me home indefinitely.  The earliest appointment I could get was Nov. 20th and then stitches removal on Dec. 3rd but I could have to stay longer if further surgery is indicated.  My skin cancer is called squamous and it's not the deadly melanoma so I should be thankful for that.  I am.

Life does not always move on with graceful and anticipated motion.  Sometimes the blips keep you from your planned schedules so you just have to deal with it.  What I'm missing most is the time spent at the trailer park with friends but any kind of cancer is not to be ignored or put on hold.  You have to deal with it as soon as possible.  Blips may be annoying but they're not tragedy.

One of my dilemmas right now is wondering if I should go out and buy a pair of winter boots.  I have an old pair I haven't worn in 14 years and I'm afraid they might be filled with dust so maybe it is time to buy new ones.  I also need to buy a snow scraper for the car because the one I have is buried somewhere in the trunk with all the stuff I was taking to Florida.  Problems, problems...not so terrible when you put them in perspective.

       

  

No comments: