Monday, October 13, 2014

Family, In-laws, and Dogs

Cindy worked her butt off preparing for yesterday's feast and the weather co-operated by being perfect for having it out on the deck.  I wore my winter jacket just in case but didn't need to wear it.  The only downside was that some of the food wasn't hot enough but being able to eat outside made up for it.  The choices were outstanding and I couldn't accommodate them all on my plate.  Desserts were all home-made, too.  My girl can sure cook!

Cindy and Don's backyard is gorgeous with full grown trees and lots of room.  The 3 little kids and 5 dogs had a ball.  Molly, Cindy's littlest dog wanted no part of it, though, and escaped the turmoil by sitting on anyone's lap that was available.  It was a rousing time but with no mishaps to mar it as the children and dogs raced about having the time of their lives.  Our bunch, except Florida Shelley's, were all there and Don's children and grandson, too.  It's always nice to blend family get-togethers so we can all get to know each other better.

Cindy sent us all home with left-overs for today's meal, too, and I'm looking forward to another turkey dinner.  I'll miss out on the American Thanksgiving this year so this will be a welcome meal for me.  I love turkey!

I remember putting on these huge dinners when I was younger and how much work it was.  It really was exhausting but so worthwhile that you never regretted the work.  Having family or friends enjoying a meal together is one of the nicest times of life.

Today Nick and Steve are planning their annual golf game but we're expecting rain...I hope it holds off until noon when they're finished.  Nick and Steve are childhood friends.  Isn't it wonderful when friendships last forever?  

And for me, today will be a day of rest and doing as little as possible.  Rainy days lower my spirit and don't prompt me to catch up on any jobs that need doing.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!



  

No comments: