Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Happy Day

I wake up happy pretty much every day and appreciate my life very much.  It won't always be this way in the future because my time here is running out, not too fast if I'm lucky.  But today is a happy day.  The skies are cloudy and the air is coldish but my computer is working, my apartment is clean, and friends are coming this afternoon for Swedish weaving.

I don't think we need very much to make us happy.  The unhappiest people seem to be those who have a lot of "stuff" but who haven't learned to appreciate what they do have, always feeling they need more.  In the end, all we really need is a loving family and/or loving friends. 

When you have depression, your peripheral vision is gone and all you can see is an unhappiness you often can't trace to it's roots.  You can't see all the good things in your life and that's really sad when you think of it.  When you're greedy, you miss out on the simple pleasures that can make you happy.

I define happiness as a contentment that can soar to joy on occasion.  I'm happy to have achieved that state of mind. 

No comments: