Monday, November 10, 2014

New Laptop!!

Anyone who reads my blog knows how much I hate to have to relearn anything and that's why I stuck with my old cameras for so long.  I got my new laptop on Saturday and Matt kindly set me all up on it but today is the first day I've dared use it myself...no problem, though.

Thank heavens I have a list of all my passwords for various websites or I'd be lost.  I was mad as hell for about 15 minutes trying to access my google accounts until I looked at my password list and found out I'd been putting in the wrong one.  There's something to be said about using the same password for everything...I think I have about 10 or 12 for different things.

By the way, I found my new camera...in the old laptop bag.  I'm sure I looked in there but I guess not.  I really hate it when I do something so stupid.  But then I gave the old laptop and bag to Nick for the boys and just this morning remembered it might also hold the direction pamphlet for my new camera.  Now I have him searching for that.  Sigh!

The best news of all is that I am now having little or no difficulty using the new laptop and I also have a wireless keyboard to make typing more comfortable.  The speed is so much faster now that it almost thrills me, too.

I asked Matt to plug everything in so I can unplug it all myself when I leave for Florida but he couldn't do it in a way I didn't have to climb behind the desk.  Since I can't get down on my knees to do that, I'll have to rely on someone to come in and do it for me.  Thank heavens I have people who help me out when necessary.  I really don't know how seniors with no family or friends to help them can survive because we lose the ability to do some things for ourselves as we age. 

I love, love, love my new laptop!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's really hard to try to get used to something new. That's why I'm really proud of you for not having any troubles setting up your new laptop at all. I do hope that you found that direction pamphlet you were looking for. Hahaha! All the best to you! :)

Cordia Remsen @ RB’s Computer Service

patsyrose said...

I'm lucky enough to have a network of elves who will help me with what I can't do myself. I also have no problem with making a fool of myself when I call my computer service for technical help. Everyone is always very polite and kind...that's one of the perks we seniors most often seem to elicit.