Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Unfair!

Life is often so darned unfair and there's not a single thing we can do about it.  My Florida winter was delayed but I finally got down here but I've been sick ever since.  This cold seems to let up during the day sometimes but then, bang, it's back again just as severe.

We're used to getting a cold, tolerating it for a few days, and then gradually feeling better until it's just a bitter memory but this one won't go away.  I had the strangest thought the other day...what if one day we get a cold that just hangs on forever??  That's what this one feels like.

Shelley picked up her new puppy, Winnie, this morning and brought her over for me to see and it was love at first sight.  How could it not be??
Winnie is a maltipoo and the cutest little dog I've ever seen.  She's very calm and the cuddliest puppy in the world.

Shelley also brought me a decongestant nasal spray so we'll see if that helps at all.  I've decided that I'll go to a clinic on Monday if I'm not better.  There's so much going on this week that I'll miss, too, if I can't shake this bloody cold.

I haven't cut the grass/weeds outside and I need to plant a few flowers.  Many of last year's survived but no blooms yet.  The only good thing that's happened from this miserable cold is that it took my appetite away and I'm now at a 25 lb. loss from this time last year.  It probably won't last once I start eating normal again, though.  But I have my buddy, Sylvia, here to help me shed some more throughout the winter!

I'm bored.  I'm not used to being bored but I'm stuck in this little trailer until I get better.  Damn!

No comments: