Friday, January 09, 2015

Still Coughing

It's strange to feel as though you haven't got a cold (I do believe mine has ended) but I'm still coughing a month after it all began.  I was at Burger King today and half the people in there were coughing so it's kind of an epidemic at least here in Florida.  When I cough, it starts like a tickle in my throat and doesn't affect my chest at all but still sounds awful.  I've kind of narrowed it down to a sinus drip that causes the tickle but I've never had a cough that lasted this long before.  Of course, I have my usual "silly" throat that closes every now and then (for the last 25 years) and causes me to cough so I don't know if that's all part of the problem or not.  I guess I'll just wait it out and hope it ends soon.

Yesterday I finally used my Neti Pot, using plain warm water, and it hurt like hell!  I don't think it hurt when I last used it about 5 years ago but it did yesterday so I'm not using it again.

We're such fragile creatures.  We try to rule the world but a little old cold germ can render us helpless pretty darned fast.  I remember how my husband would turn into a big, whiny baby when he got sick.  Me, I've got no-one to whine to so I blog my whines.  Sorry.

No comments: