Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Bad Arms

One of the crappy things about aging is that most of us get flabby arms and can't or shouldn't wear sleeveless tops.  I can go shopping feeling pretty darned good, try on a cute sleeveless dress or top and immediately remember just how old I am.  Of course, I have lots of other bad body parts to remind me, too.

I don't mind getting older.  I truly believe that my life experiences have made me a much nicer person than I used to be.  If you don't learn something from life episodes, then you're brain dead.

I've mentioned before that I read somewhere that you can "choose" to be happy rather than sad, defeated, etc. and that little article has defined how I live my life.  I choose to glean whatever is good and to deal with the bad in a way that some good comes from it.

Today the sun is shining on my sweet little Florida trailer and my friend, Sylvia, and I are going to drive to Tampa to have lunch with my precious Shelley.  Tonight Sylvia and I will play "65" with a bunch of fun friends at the park.  No, life is never perfect because there are problems lurking in the background of everyone's life but we can and will overcome.

Faye is arriving here on the 31st and we'll have a fun 10 days before heading home.  Funny, but I'm getting sort of anxious to be back home...maybe just to hug my Kimmie and help see her through her present problems.  But first things first...my last month in warm, sunny Florida!!!

No comments: