Sunday, March 29, 2015

Direct TV

Because I'm so electronically retarded, I go through life these days not quite understanding my utility bills.  For instance, Direct TV, which I just had installed last month.

I paid some kind of installation charge followed by a month's service.  I'd expected the bonus I would receive for 12 months...$20...but, after all those ridiculous taxes, I paid almost $30.  Then came this month's bill which was almost $40 because they'd slipped in (unsolicited) an $8 charge for some kind of insurance.  I called them and they instantly removed the charge from my bill.

Then I sent the payment, minus the new charge, to them.  When I returned from my errand, I checked my e-mail and discovered they'd given me a zero balance even before receiving the payment.  I don't understand...but I won't call them about it, either.

One thing to note...always check your bills and beware of unsolicited services!

No comments: