Saturday, March 14, 2015

Yard Sale Day

When I was buying all that jewelry to sell, I never looked ahead to the day when I would run out of venues and have a ton of jewelry on my hands.  Well, it may take me a few years but today we had our park yard sale and I sold about $150 of it so there is hope that one day it will all be gone.  I really must stop myself from jumping whole hog into any new interests!

I'm not a natural sales person but I'm polite and people seem to respond to my selling technique.  I even talked one lady out of buying one of the sterling rings to wear as a wedding ring because it would tarnish if worn constantly.  I wouldn't like selling at all if it was my livelihood.

Then I took the remaining stuff (not jewelry) that didn't sell to the Salvation Army and had lunch at Arby's.  There's a full tote box of stuff I'll play at selling on Ebay next winter but my buying at yard sales is pretty well over.  There is a time and a season for everything and my season is changing.

I talked to Kim today, too, and she's getting along fine.  Her surgery will be after I get home and she's agreed to come and stay with me for a while until she's recuperated.  The surgeon will try to remove her thyroid through her neck if he can but will go through her chest if he has to do so.  That will take longer for her to recuperate but she has to get rid of that damned thyroid!  She's coming to Florida on the 23rd for a month, too, and she really deserves the vacation from all the stress she's been through lately.  Tammy is planning to come down so the 3 girls (Kim, Shelley, and Tammy) can have a great holiday.

This is my evening to stay home and vegetate in front of the T.V.  Sometimes we need to vegetate!  Tomorrow I get my hair cut and buy a new blind for the front window.  The cord on the old blind rotted through from the sunshine so it's hanging precariously and doesn't give me much privacy.  It also makes my sweet little trailer look trashy so it has to be replaced pronto.

And that was my day.  

No comments: