Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Gaining Control

You can't always control the crap that falls into your life but you can control how you will react to it.  I had another little bout of depression over this stupid skin cancer all the while knowing it's not the worst thing in the world.  I hate having to deal with it...but then I hate having to deal with a lot of things I have no control over.

I caught a bit of a cold from that Elvis impersonator who whispered into my ear on Sunday, darn it!  So I spent most of yesterday napping and trying to keep it from getting too strong a foothold.  Today I don't feel too bad, just a slightly runny nose and the odd little cough.  I don't have time to have a cold!!  Kim has her surgery on Tuesday and will be coming here to recuperate so I have to be cold free so I don't pass it on to her.

I talked to Donna this morning to let her know I won't be coming to see her today because of the cold.  She's getting along okay but it's too soon after Jill's loss for her to be back to normal.  She's a strong, intelligent woman and she will be fine in time...her time.

Nick and Matt are coming tonight to put my window air conditioner in and I won't be able to kiss and hug them.  I don't want them to take my cold germs back to their mother.  I know I'm one of the luckiest ladies in the world to have the wonderful family I have because there are only a few nasties in the group but they aren't my blood relatives.

I'm still feeling a little low but I think I might have enough spunk in me to vacuum today.  Other than that, I don't give a damn.  


No comments: