Monday, May 11, 2015

Early May Balcony Plants


The top photo is the gorgeous plant stand that Kim got me for Mother's Day.  The lovely pot of mixed plants that Cindy got me sits perfectly on the top.  I'm just getting started filling the balcony with plants and that's why there are empty planters still around.  I like to buy my plants gradually...it spreads out my enjoyment of the job.

The first pot I got was the mixed color geraniums on the bottom of my new planter.  I have never seen so many buds on a geranium and just had to have it.  My next purchase was the mixed color million bells.  I adore million bells!  Then I bought the 2 large pots of hot pink geraniums at the back.

I plan to put mainly sweet potato vine in the other pots but still haven't decided on anything else.  I get the morning sun on the balcony which begins to shade over around 10 A.M. so it's a good spot for plants.

Oh yes, I also bought one very expensive ($2.89) roma tomato plant that's at the other end of the balcony.  This is a first for the apartment so I'll see how it turns out.

I love spring; I like summer; I love fall; I hate winter in Canada but love it in Florida.

No comments: