Saturday, May 23, 2015

Decor For The Soul

I like a neat home but I also like to see whimsy and plants mixed in.  I decorate with whatever makes me happy and that's what we all should do.  We shouldn't decorate our homes to look like magazine pages unless that's what really makes us comfortable.

I love flowers and they soothe my soul whenever I look at them so, to see them flourishing in my home, is a positive thing.  I also love colored glass...carnival glass or any other.  Mary and I went to an interesting store last weekend and I fell in love with a yellow/orange blown glass ball and it sits on the windowsill by the computer.  It raises my spirits every time I look at it.

The thought of a pure white room with white furniture and floors isn't my cup of tea.  If there's no color in the room, it isn't homey for me.  And I mean lots of color!

I remember seeing a group of Indian ladies in beautifully colored saris walking up the street and they filled me with joy because they looked like flowers.  That's what made me want a sari of my own.

It probably doesn't make sense to decorate your home to suit visitors because it's you who sees it all the time.  My home has never been a showpiece and it never will be.  My home is "my home".

   

No comments: