Friday, May 22, 2015

Another Day

I talked to Kim today...can't go to see her because I'm still coughing...and, as expected, she's better than yesterday.  She can pull herself up and out of bed now and that was very important since she might be alone at home and have to pee.  She might come home tomorrow and is quite willing to stay with me for a while before going to her own house.  I'm very happy about that because I can keep an eye on her and not worry so much.

I can't remember if I wrote in the blog yesterday about when my surgery is set but, if I did, I was mistaken.  I lose track of today's date and thought June 3rd was next week but I was wrong.  I would have had Nick take a day off unnecessarily to take me to Toronto if someone hadn't straightened me out.  Now Cindy will be able to take me.  Apparently we'll be there 4-5 hours but the surgery itself might only last 1/2 hour at best.  I'm a little worried about how much cutting will be needed and how many stitches I'll have but I need to have this skin cancer removed for good.  There's always a chance of some facial deformity but I can live with that if I have to do so.

The main thing in my life right now is that Kim is okay.  All mothers will understand that we care little about ourselves as long as our children are okay.

On a sad note, Gary had a third surgery and is not awake yet.  My heart hurts for him and his loved ones.  He's gone through so much in the last couple of years and none of his surgeries or treatments seem to be saving him.  Cancer is a bitch!

Nolan is coming to stay overnight with me tonight so I'm in for a lot of laughs and loving from that little boy.  It fills my heart with happiness that he likes to come here but I know that will change as he grows older.  I'll take what I have and enjoy it for now.




No comments: