Saturday, May 09, 2015

Nash Overnight

My greatgrandson, Nash, is 4 years old and just spent his first overnight with me.  I had his father on standby in case Nash got too upset about being away from his Mom and Dad but there was never a moment when he got upset.  He played with his toys, ate, put his jammies on, and asked me to tuck him in bed about 9 P.M.  That was the last I heard from him until 5:30 this morning when I woke up and turned the T.V. on...I think that woke him up.  He came out smiling and ready for breakfast.

I've always had toys and books on hand so that the kids feel at home here.  Both Nash and Nolan believe the spare bedroom is theirs and that the toys and books are theirs so they feel they're in familiar territory when they visit.  It's very important that kids don't feel they have to sit and not touch anything when they visit their Gramma or GG.

Last spring there was a family of sparrows nested on my balcony and Nash remembered that and asked to see them again.  I explained that the sparrows grew up and flew away but they might have come back to nest again this year.  At least I've seen some out on the railing tweeting away.

My plans for this morning are to let Nash play for a while and then to go to a church bazaar later in the morning (still looking for more Legos).  We'll have lunch out and then I'll take him to Kim's.  He's been so good and easy to handle and I think he'll be quite happy to do his next overnight at GG's.  

  

No comments: