Sunday, May 03, 2015

Nobody Listens

We parents are quick to advise our children on what or what not to do but they usually don't listen to us.  I've been thinking a lot lately about what I wouldn't have today if my children had listened to me all those years ago.

I wasn't crazy about my oldest daughter's first marriage but, if she'd listened to my warnings, she wouldn't have given me my precious grandsons.  I wasn't crazy about my youngest daughter's marriage but it turned out to be 1 in a million and gave me 3 more grandchildren to love.

I've learned that some things are meant to be even if they don't end well.  In my case, I wouldn't change a thing because my children, grandchildren, and greatgrandchildren were all worth it.

Tomorrow, my #1 granddaughter from daughter #2 (I fully approved of her marriage) is coming to visit and I'm looking forward to seeing her beautiful smiling face.  That's how I used to find her when she was playing baseball in the outfield.  I'd look for her big smile.

No, I wouldn't change anything that brought my much loved family to me but I do wish for happiness now and forever for all of them.

   

No comments: