Sunday, May 03, 2015

Sleeping A Lot

Since having the skin cancer surgery, I've slept a lot through the day.  My guess is that my body has experienced a trauma and is trying to heal itself.  The problem with all this sleeping is that I was wide awake at 2 A.M. and stayed awake until noon when I began napping off and on for the rest of the afternoon.  I have a feeling I won't sleep well tonight.

It's warm in the apartment, too.  Unlike when I lived in my house, the heat is on here from mid September until the end of May and I can't tell you how irritating that is.  I keep the windows and patio door open almost all the time and have 2 fans circulating the air.  My boys are going to install the window air conditioner soon and that will help but it just seems that having heat on until the end of May is a terrible waste of energy.  There's an old thermostat on the wall but it doesn't work so I can't even turn the damned heat down.  I'll have to talk to the superintendent about it again, I guess.

The dermatologist said she thought she got all of the skin cancer but did say that there is always a 5-15% chance of recurrence.  I've had a few others removed that never came back so I'm hoping this is the end of the one I just had removed.

I went grocery shopping this morning even though I'm a little embarrassed by the biggish bandage on my face.  It was interesting to see who were ignorant enough to stare and it was a few old folks.  I noticed that when John had his leg amputated and we were in a restaurant.  An old lady couldn't take her eyes off him.  He didn't care but I wanted to poke her in the nose.  Little children look at me as though there's nothing different and it's them I'd expect to ask questions.  That wouldn't bother me one bit.

By the way, I'm under stress so I bought cookies.

No comments: