Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Bad Drivers

We all see our share of bad drivers on the road every time we venture out.  It's always a riddle to me why anyone would wield their car in traffic as though they're invincible, though.  They tailgate and veer wildly out to cross lanes as though there's no chance of colliding with other cars.  Kim said she thinks drivers like this have never been in an accident and are totally unaware how quickly one can happen.  

An accident caused by them will usually end in a fine, loss of their vehicle while it's being repaired, car insurance hike or cancellation, and bodily harm to themselves or others.  How can playing stupid with your car be worth any of this?

I'm no angel in a car but I don't tailgate or change lanes unsafely.  I do drive about 10 miles over the speed limit but still get passed regularly by cars going faster than mine.  I don't hog the passing lane, either.  Slow drivers who do that probably cause as many accidents as speeders.

I love my car and the freedom it gives me to travel wherever my heart desires.  But I'm always aware that I'm propelling a potential deadly weapon and do it with safety in mind.

Cell phone use while driving makes no sense.  It's imperative that drivers keep their eyes on the road and not reading or sending texts.  I've even seen people reading a map and curling their hair while driving.  Idiots!

Now to complain about the construction all over my city!  I understand repairs have to be done but why does it take so long to complete some of them?  Drive by any road construction site (or any construction site) and you'll see 1 guy working and 10 watching.  One day all businesses are going to have to be efficient and not feeding at the public trough!   

No comments: