Monday, June 01, 2015

My New Poster

This is the new poster I had plaqued.  It's Vincent Van Gogh's "Almond Tree In Blossom".  I bought it online because of the color...but I do love the picture itself, too.  Plaquing (not sure if that's a word) is so much less expensive than having a print or poster framed and I do believe it's all I'll ever do from now on.

The picture seems a little small for the spot where it's hung so I might move it somewhere else.  I have a few walls that need decorating so there are choices.

I just had another picture plaqued but it's still in the car...I had too much to carry up today so I'll bring it in tomorrow.  It's a really big one that Dennis and I got in China in 1989.  It came on a scroll and, because of the extra length, it never did get hung.  I decided to have only the picture and not the whole piece plaqued and it looks gorgeous.  Because it's been moved around so much there were a few creases but they're all gone now.  Excellent job by "Staples"!  

The new one is also a floral scene with a few Chinese characters on it.  I wish I knew what they meant.  In any case, it turned out very well and it probably will be hung on a wall in my bedroom.

My next print/poster project will be 4 Hubble photos.  I like wall decor that makes me smile when I look at it.

No comments: