Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Hate To Cook

I've mentioned before how all three of my daughters are gourmet cooks...all self taught because they sure didn't learn from me.

Shelley and I were shopping one day and we spotted this fridge magnet.  She bought it for me because it says all there is to say about my kitchen skills.

I'm actually not a horrible cook, just a disinterested one who has had more than her fair share of kitchen disasters.  This is one reason cooking is far from my favorite thing to do.  I tend to improvise with a recipe and that's where the disaster starts.  I once made a chicken liver meal that even my dog wouldn't eat.  The problem began when I substituted chicken livers for beef liver...apparently it made a big difference.

I also remember my children coming home in tears of embarrassment because they couldn't even give my home made cookies away at their school bake sale.  Now, wouldn't that destroy any cook's confidence?

I accept I'm not a good cook for anything but basic meals but basic meals are boring after a while.  That's why I prefer restaurants.

There is no guilt on my part for giving up cooking on a daily basis.  I am what I am! 


No comments: