Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Gotten Out of Hand

Have you ever gotten carried away with something and realized it's gotten a little out of hand?  I have to admit it happens to me a lot but at least I recognize it fairly quickly and take steps to get better control of myself.

Today I got my hair cut ($30) and then got a pedicure ($41).  I have never paid that much for a pedicure in my life!!  I need them because callouses build up quickly on my feet and start to hurt if I don't have a pedicure but $41!!!!!  So, today I spent $71 on my appearance.  Both haircut and pedicure were necessary but the cost together is a little alarming.

I usually don't do both on the same day and my pedicures usually run around $25 so I'm a little shocked at how much I spent on myself today.  I won't let it happen again.

I have a habit of looking around my sweet little apartment or at my cute little car and giving thanks to Dennis who worked so hard all his life.  I often feel a bit guilty because it was his labor and not mine that has given me my comfortable life.  Today I walked into the apartment, remembered how much I'd just spent on myself and guiltily said "Sorry, Dennis!".

No comments: