Monday, June 15, 2015

Recliner

Okay, so I searched and searched for a 2 arm chaise that I could afford but all were out of stock.  Then I decided that I'd settle for a recliner, hopefully one that was burgundy fabric and rocked.  Hmmm!  It's hard to find them in burgundy.

It's a good thing I don't really need one quickly or I'd probably settle for one in beige...may have to do it yet!  Not so bad now that I think about it.

You would think that, with all the stock furniture stores seem to carry, that I wouldn't have so much trouble but it always seems that I can't find something specific that I'm looking for.

When Dennis and I got married we bought the "$399 for 3 rooms" of furniture...livingroom, bedroom, and kitchen!  It fell apart quickly.  In the mid sixties we splurged on a T.V. in cabinet for $400...a lot of money in those days.  I cried for hours after finding a cigarette burn on the top caused by careless Dennis.  One more reason to never smoke!

I'm old fashioned and like flowered fabric but I'm being shamed out of it by my grandchildren so the only flowered piece of furniture I have now is the chair I'm looking to replace.  You can bet that by the time I buy this new chair in a plain beige, the styles will change and flowers will be back in.  Also, after I buy the chair, I'll see tons of burgundy chaise lounges with 2 arms.  Darn!

No comments: