Friday, June 12, 2015

Update on Skin Cancer Surgery

I had the stitches out yesterday and already knew the scar was more visible than after the previous surgery done by my dermatologist.  She's a genius!

It's only been a bit more than a week since the surgery so there is still a lot of swelling around my lip.  Once that goes down and the scar given time to settle, it might all look okay.  

My dermatologist wants me to keep the scar covered for the next 3 months with a bandage called "Mepitac".  It has some kind of medication on the side that covers the scar but darned if there's anything on the box saying what the medication is.  I sort of think my nice dermatologist has shares in the product.

Anyway, the scar actually is less visible today than it was yesterday so either Mepitac or time is responsible.  Either way, I won't be sticking a bandage on my face for 3 fiddlin' months!  

No comments: